Sunday, December 26, 2010

Horse Racingtablecloth

Interview à Mariel Bennett

few questions from the "Questionnaire de Proust"

What do you Regard as the lowest depth of misery? Feeling alone, When I have a thosand texts / emails I have to respond to. Feelings of misery make me think about death, which in my opinion is not attractive.
Where would you like to live? In a place where I feel loved and that feels like home. I think I need a house or apartment not only like the one I have in the West Village, but one in L.A., one in Paris, and one in Holland. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Knowing that everyone I love is happy and the feeling you get when you buy a new garment that you are in love with.
To what faults do you feel most indulgent? Shopping, I know that sounds terribly cliche but if I had to choose between a meal or clothes... I mean I do all the time, I choose clothes.
Who are your favorite heroines?
My heroes would be the main characters from the Novels by Plum Sykes, many movie characters. Secretly I have many made up personas that I blog under. I guess I like them as well!
Who are your favorite characters in history? Marie-Antoinette (I know, I am just like every other girl), Edie Sedgwick.
Who are your favorite heroines in real life? My parents- they have to put up with me, my boyfriend Jordan he is amazing, Anna Wintour, Marc Jacobs, Paul Newman The quality you most admire in a man? I like a nice boy with an edge. One that is classically stylish and well mannered but is willing to have a good time and do crazy things (and then take care of me when I feel unwell the next morning).
The quality you most admire in a woman? Confidence, mystery, happiness Your favorite occupation? Designer: graphic or a clothing designer/editor-in-chief of a publication like Lula or Vogue.
Who would you have liked to be? It is not who would I have liked to be, it is what will I be, no? I hope to be editor in chief of a magazine (VOGUE!).
...and my question for you...
What do you like your body? I feel like I never like my body haha –I like my lips, jaw bone.. like all girls I wish I was thinner than I am
What are you studying? Communication Design at Parsons in New York City.
What do you hope to do as work? Become Editor in Chief of a magazine and to get the design studio I have with Jordan Romanoff, named: 'On a Wim' going.
Favorite movies: Belle de Jour, Sofia Coppola's movies, Marc Jacobs et Louis Vuitton.. so many!
Favorite designers:  Prada/Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Hedi Slimane (When he is in work), Stefano Pilati
                                                                                              

0 comments:

Post a Comment